Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bayou L'Abeille

If you're looking for an escape from it all, come on down to Bayou L'Abeille for a visit. Take a stroll through the L'Abeille-Toombs Historical Cemetery or our prize gardens kept by Miss Nonie. Hear the colorful stories from our favorite musicians at Popeye Sims' Music Shop and you might even run into local legend Lenny Waxman. Have breakfast at The Butter Biscuit then enjoy some junktique shopping and coffee at the Joe-N-Junk. Grab a po' boy for lunch at the L'Abeille Diner, but make sure to save some room for BBQ and blues over at Cottonmouth's Review. If you mention Honey Slade, Cottonmouth will fix you up with a free plate of beignets. Don't be put off by the Alligator Advisory, in effect until the end of the season for the south side bayou near Roux Roux St. A white alligator has been spotted in the water, proving that even our 'gators are special. The people of Bayou L'Abeille walk a fine rhythm between lovely and heartbreaking, hilarious and sad, bitter and so very, very sweet. Why not join them and experience a slice of life on the bayou?



I decided that I hate reviewing, but I love reading.

I took a trip to Louisiana with my pal, A.D. and was sad to leave.

This is a collection of short stories and the only complaint I have is that it left me wanting more. I hope to eventually read a lot more about the people I met on this little journey.

I was hooked right away, A.D. has a way with words that held me captivated until the last page.

Magic Hat ended up being my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment