Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I confess......

I am an avid reader.

I devour books, I always have. A fact that used to drive my mother insane. I would spend an eon picking out my book at the bookstore and then be half-way through it by the time I got home.

Which is exactly why I am a library patron. I check out books by the box. I try new authors. New genres.

I also rescue books from the recycling center. Those discarded tomes that have been tossed out of respectable libraries. Some I read. Some I pass along to the school. Bring home to my family.

Then there are the saddest cases, the damaged ones. I can't stand to see a book thrown out. Which is why I bring these home too. These, I alter. I am a big believer in recycling. Repurposing.

So, should you see a book I have altered shown here; fear not, these are not murdered books. The ones I alter are missing pages. Were wet and are now warped. All destined to be thrown into a landfill somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment